Residency September 2021
Four-week residency for contemporary dance and performance in Leipzig
After a successful start of the residency programme in spring 2021, the association 4fürTanz e.V. in Leipzig invites applications for a further residency for regional dance and performance artists.The four-week residency will take place in September 2021 in the association’s studio in Leipzig and is aimed at groups of up to four artists.
Timeframe of the residency: 06th of September – 01st of October 2021
The residency programme is intended to enable groups of artists to develop artistic projects and productions in the field of dance or performance. The research and rehearsal process can be accompanied by a dramaturge/mentor. At the end of the residency, a Work-in-Progress Showing is planned, in which the focus is not on a specific result, but rather the research and rehearsal process is to be made accessible and insights into the processes of artistic work are to be given. The Work-in-Progress Showing will take place as part of the LINDENOW Festival.
Scope and structure of the residency
- Period of four weeks
- Rehearsal room with dance floor, mirror wall and music system in Leipzig West (110 sqm)
- Weekly stipend of 400,00 € per person and week (max. 4 persons)
- Subsidy for accommodation and travel costs for the one-off journey to and from Leipzig for artists who do not live in Leipzig (max. 4 persons)
- Per diems for artists who do not live in Leipzig
- Process guidance by a dramaturge or mentor
- Work-in-Progress Showing at the end of the residency as part of the LINDENOW Festival (01. – 03.10.2021)
Application and admission requirements
All groups of artists based in Germany who are active in the field of contemporary dance or performance are eligible to apply. One of the participant in the project must be based in Saxony.
The application documents should include:
- application form with conceptual sketch for the intended residency (Download Application form)
- short curriculum vitae of all artistic participants
- work samples (e.g. video link or concept, max. 3 pages in total).
Work samples can be already realised projects as well as materials related to the planned residency project.
All application documents can be submitted either in English or German.
Please send applications by e-mail to email@example.com.
Please combine the application form and all other documents in one single PDF file.
Application deadline is 25 July 2021
The association would like to explicitly invite representatives of marginalised perspectives to apply. We urge persons of all sexual identities, cultural backgrounds, as well as the severely disabled and their equals to apply if they have the appropriate qualifications. Please note: Due to the current dynamic COVID-19 situation, we reserve the right to adjust the conditions of a residency in consultation with the applicants if necessary. We will be happy to answer any queries by email.